Expand my Community achievements bar.

Import "issues" into Workfront

Level 2
Hello, we are simplifying a submission process at our company where users submit information in a custom field and it goes into a Workfront Issues Queue project. Previously this form had been filled out as a Salesforce case, which was a bit of overkill, so we're moving it to Workfront. It's only 7 simple fields. The only thing is, there are still 180 requests in Salesforce that we would like to migrate over to Workfront so we can start using it immediately, but I can't figure out how to import issues into Workfront. Does anyone know if that's possible, if we format the Excel/csv columns with the exact same form field names? If so, where would I do that? Thanks so much! Rani Rani Paul One & All
3 Replies

Level 10
Yes, this is possible with admin rights. Have you read the "Kickstart" article? https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/216607018-Importing-Data-into-Workfront-via-Kick-Sta... Narayan Raum Workfront CoE Manager & Delivery Lead SunTrust Bank

Level 9
I just did this for a user. On the Issues kickstart import, below are the required fields (*), along with my suggested optional fields: *IsNew = TRUE *ID = must be filled in, sequential numbers starting with 1 work fine *setName = The name you want for the issue. *setOpTaskType = ISU *setProjectID = This is the long alphanumeric string at the end of the URL for the project you want these issues applied to. For example: 572a6284028975335ae4946ffeff1ee5 *setWork = I have a ticket open with Workfront to confirm what this needs to be. setAssignedtoID = This is the long alphanumeric string at the end of the URL when you click on a person in Workfront. setDescription = This is any description you want to have for the issue. setEnteredByID = Long alphastring if you want to show the issue as entered by someone in particular. If you leave this blank it will show up as entered by the person importing the kickstart. setEntryDate = mm/dd/yy of the date you want the issue to show as entered. setPriority = you can enter any value in the priority drop down list in Workfront. None, Low, Medium, High or Critical. Alison Wells Community Medical Centers

Level 8
I also add the following: setStatus (ie NEW, INP, CLS, etc) setAssignedToID setCategoryID I don't use setWork, so I don't think it's required. I think it means Planned Hours, but in minute format (for 1 hour, you have to put 60) Make sure isNew starts with a lowercase letter (as well as the other fields, except ID) Adina Pierce Cisco