Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

If/Then Statement

Level 2
Does anyone know how to do a If/Then statement in the reporting. My tasks have a custom notes field and I only want to show the notes at the parent task level, below is how this would look: If parent is a project (identifying top level tasks) Show task note If parent is a task Show parent task note I'm not sure if this is possible in WF but wanted to check with the community. Ryan Eide Amazon - ERMC
3 Replies

Level 4
Ryan, Here is one way to get what I believe you are looking for. The code is: valueexpression=IF({indent}=0,{lastNote}.{noteText},{parent}.{lastNote}.{noteText}) valueformat=HTML Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!! David
DAVID A. TAYLOR SVP, Managed Services

Level 2
Thank you David, that worked great, but now I cannot inline edit in the report. Any ideas? Ryan Eide Amazon - ERMC

Level 10
Thanks, David! I did not know about the Indent field before. I've used IF or report filters that will say Task Number equals 1 to cover the "project" task. This is much cleaner! Anthony Imgrund FCB