Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

IF statement to display different fields based on creteria

Level 3
Hi all, I'm trying to create write an if statement that will show either an Project Name or Hour Type, based on whether or not the project name is "No Value" I assumed this would look something like this, but it's not quite right: displayname=Project Name or Hour Type Name textmode=true valueexpression=IF({project}.{name}="No Value",{hour type}.{name},{project}.{name}) valueformat= In excel it would look like this: IF(Project Name = "No Value", Hour Type Name, Project Name) Can someone help me with the syntax for this? Thank you, Tim Blausey Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 5
Try: displayname=Project Name or Hour Type Name textmode=true valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({projectID}),{hour type}.{name},{project}.{name}) valueformat= Melinda Layten Technical Project Manager - API and Integration Workfront

Level 3
Thanks for the reply Melinda! You got me most of the way there with the help with the syntax. What ended up working was this, with a camel cased hourType. displayname=Project Name or Hour Type Name textmode=true valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({projectID}),{hourType}.{name},{project}.{name}) valueformat= Does WorkFront have any syntax guides for textmode? Tim Blausey Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company