Expand my Community achievements bar.

Calculated field not working correctly

Level 2
Hello all, Still trying to get a calculated field to work, and having no luck. Here's what I have: IF(CONTAINS("Ongoing",{project}.{name}),"KTLO-Ongoing",IF(ISBLANK({project}.{name}),"KTLO-General",IF(CONTAINS("Other",{project}.{name}),"Out of Office","Project"))) This expression works fine in a report, i.e. I can use valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("Ongoing",{project}.{name}),"KTLO-Ongoing",IF(ISBLANK({project}.{name}),"KTLO-General",IF(CONTAINS("Other",{project}.{name}),"Out of Office","Project"))) This works perfectly. I now go to my custom form and enter the exact same formula, but tweaked for a calculated field IF(CONTAINS('Ongoing',Name),'KTLO-Ongoing',IF(ISBLANK(Name),'KTLO-General',IF(CONTAINS('Other',Name),'Out of Office','Project'))) Now, here's where the problem lies, it evaluates the first statement correctly. It *does not* evaluate any other statement correctly, and falls through to the False statement at the end. Anyone have an explanation? P. Phillip Rinehart New York University
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 2
Another bump on this, no matter what I do, the ISBLANK statement does not work as a calculated field, even when pulled out an executed on its own custom form. Pretty sure this qualifies as a bug, yes? Phillip Rinehart New York University

Level 5
Name would never be Blank for a project/issue/task/etc . It's required to save or create an object. -- "https://www.workfront.com/" style="text-decoration-line:none;box-sizing:border-box;color:rgb(0,161,208)">
Melinda Layten Technical Product Manager: API, Fusion and Enhanced Authentication M: (484) 505 6855 "https://www.workfront.com/" style="color:rgb(248,130,47);text-decoration-line:none;box-sizing:border-box;font-size:12px">workfront.com

Level 2
Well if it is general time it is. Still doesn't explain why it works in a view but not in a calculated field Phillip Rinehart New York University