Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Identifying if a Custom Form is Attached to a Tasl

Level 10
Kevin: no answers, but I think it's worth noting we've discovered similar problems when searching for custom forms in (or rather, not in) templates. Here's a summary of everything we tried. "https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D50z00006Px3YECAZ/" https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D50z00006Px3YECAZ/ -skye
11 Replies

Level 10
Hi Kevin, I reread my goodbye-Kansas Blue Pill post, and think I found your exit (and yes, it"s bullet time):
  • on each the Custom Forms in question, create a brand new, separate, checkbox parm with a single value of Yes, defaulted to Yes
  • I"d suggest using the "Has [Custom Form Name]" naming convention for that parameter, in case you decide to broaden this technique (e.g. on a custom form called New Form A, the checkbox would be "Has New Form A")
  • create a Task Report that shows a view with that parameter in it (e.g. Has New Form A) so you can easily see either Yes or blank beside every form
  • for efficiency, add a filter to the Task Report that returns only Tasks whose Has New Form A = ISBLANK and you"ve found all the exception(s) (oooohhh)
  • click in that column and set the checkbox to Yes, thereby attaching the custom form and resolving the exception(s) (aaaaahhhh)
Regards,

Level 10
This is a trick that may come in handy for other things too...worked like a charm! Kevin Quosig

Level 7
Really? Custom forms have 2 parts. Primary custom form = category Other custom form(s) = categories Here"s a filter you can use on a task report to show all tasks that do not have any custom form with the word "Test" in the name. objectCategoriesMM:name=Test objectCategoriesMM:name_Mod=cinotcontains‚ Good luck!

Level 10
Gorgeous, Dustin. Full marks. Regards, Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 10
Well, when I created Dustin"s filter it gave the "Ooops!" error and I was forced to delete the filter through Setup » Interface » Filter to get things back to normal. Assuming for a moment this is something peculiar to our implementation though: Dustin needs to pass this along to the Support staff who seemed to be at a loss to help me, which is why I turned to the Community for answers.

Employee
Hi Kevin, We will definitely make sure we pass this back to the support teams so we all have the same information... but in the meantime, I'm hoping you can get this working!

Level 7
Interesting, Kevin... This is what my filters look like after some tweaking: https://share.getcloudapp.com/2NuBweg9 And this is what my data looks like.. keeping in mind not much of the data in my instance makes any sense as it's just random junk I've made for testing during the years: https://share.getcloudapp.com/7KuRPreD Thanks, and again.. Good luck with your reporting needs! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 10
This isn"t helpful from a filter point, but here is a column on use on some task and project reports to see which custom forms are attached so if I need to do a bulk edit, I know what is on all the tasks/projects. (It is also nice, because the name is hyperlinked and goes straight to the edit form. Great if you need people to fill things out on custom forms) displayname=Custom Forms On Task linkedname=direct namekey=category.name textmode=true tile.name=component.objectcategories valuefield=customFormsNames valueformat=HTML viewalias=category.name

Level 10
Dustin, I must really be missing the point (for which I apologize), because whenever I try to use Category ID it doesn"t work if:
  1. The task has multiple forms attached.
  2. The task I want to filter on (as in "if it contains this form, don"t show it to me") is not the first one on the list (properly filter it if it"s the first one, but not if it is the second one)
It"s like I need a "contains" but Category ID does not accept that conditional. My attempts to use your text mode... objectCategoriesMM:name=Test objectCategoriesMM:name_Mod=cinotcontains‚ Which in my case is: objectCategoriesMM:name=SYS objectCategoriesMM:name_Mod=cinotcontains‚ ...cause "Ooops!" failures. I have to imagine I"m missing some finer point in all this...

Community Advisor
Kevin: no answers, but I think it"s worth noting we"ve discovered similar problems when searching for custom forms in (or rather, not in) templates. Here"s a summary of everything we tried. https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D50z00006Px3YECAZ/textmode-for-filtering-custom-form-in-templa... -skye

Level 7
Interesting. As my troubleshooting capacity is limited and responses here are delayed, I would ask you to open a support request so we can dig in deeper into specifics for your instance. I would guess it's something as simple as syntax, but without access to your environment, it's hard to say. Our support reps can send a temporary request for logged access to your environment, so support would definitely be the route I'd suggest taking. Thanks and I hope everything works out! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront