Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Ideas for how to build a report

Level 4

Hello everyone, wondering if anyone has ideas on how to build this report... I want to see a delta between my planned dates, projected dates, and end dates. so Planned vs Projected delta, Planned vs Actual Delta for dates. This report will then show us tasks that we're frequently either starting late or ending late. I am not too comfortable in text mode so I am not even sure where to begin.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Hi Naushin,

You can build a calculated column in your report view to achieve this. Simply go to your report builder and in the column (view) settings, add a column and convert to text mode. Then paste the following code into the text mode builder:

This code will work out the difference in weekdays between the planned completion date and the projected completion date:

displayname=Planned Projected Delta

textmode=true

valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({plannedCompletionDate},{projectedCompletionDate})

valueformat=int

This code will work out the difference in weekdays between the planned completion date and the actual completion date:

displayname=Planned Actual Delta

textmode=true

valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({plannedCompletionDate},{actualCompletionDate})

valueformat=int

The above examples are obviously working out the difference between completion date fields. You could also do the same for start date fields. Simple change the variable names in the code from 'plannedCompletion . . .' to 'plannedStart . . .'

I hope that makes sense! Please shout if anything is unclear.

Best Regards,

Rich.