Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

I'm stuck trying to figure the AVERAGE number of Issues per project.

Level 5

I need to create a report (chart preferably) that shows the average number of issues per project, by month, over a time period (last two years, for example).

I created an Issues report that allows me to chart the Number of Issues on completed projects each month.

I also created a Project report with a text mode column, which shows the total number of Issues on each project. I've only been able to figure out how to chart by the total number of closed projects each month with this report though, not by the number of Issues.

How can I calculate the average number of issues per project?

Can I chart this information?

Example: December 2021, we completed 90 projects, and had a total of 128 issues on those projects . I would like to chart that December 2021 Average Issues per Project as 1.42.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

it just doesn't work to chart off textmode. You really need to create it as a calculated field and chart off that. Hopefully all your projects share the same custom form?

Level 5

@Skye Hansen‚ Most of the project use the same form, but there are some that use a different custom form. Can you tell me more about how I'd use that to get the average issues per project?

Thanks!

Community Advisor

I'm not sure what you're asking. But if projects are using different custom forms, you basically need to put the calculated field on each form. The calculated field will store the same number you are pulling up via textmode, but because it's now a custom form field, you can now show it in a bar chart which you can't if it is a textmode column (did that answer your question?)

Workfront will allow you to run averages on that field per your grouping, which it looks like you want to group by planned completion date.

You're looking for something like this, right?

0694X00000HByg1QAD.jpg

Level 5

Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to do!

I'm getting to work on that now... thanks for the explanation, Skye.