Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

I have a report of projects grouped by owners first name. How do I sort the grouping alphabetically?

Level 2

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

HI @JoachimFH 

In column by clicking select Owner Name coluumn, then column settings > sort by this column > and sort it "Ascending A-Z". Check image for reference.

I believe this should work.

Mvh

Kundan.

Group by owner name.jpg

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

HI @JoachimFH 

In column by clicking select Owner Name coluumn, then column settings > sort by this column > and sort it "Ascending A-Z". Check image for reference.

I believe this should work.

Mvh

Kundan.

Group by owner name.jpg

Level 2

Hi Kundan, thank you for your response. Unfortunately it is not the content within each group I want to sort. I want to sort the groups themselves alphabetically.

WFGrouping.jpg

Community Advisor

Hi,

Sorting your columns alphabetically as Kundan has outlined, will automatically make your groupings follow suit and sort alphabetically too.

Best Regards,

Rich. 

Level 2

Thank you. It's working for me now. I wanted sort it differently inside the groups, so by adding a second sorting I got it as I want.

/Joachim

Community Advisor

Hi,

You need to apply alphabetical sorting in your report view. Follow these steps:

1) In the report view editor, ensure that Owner>>Name is a column in your report and click on that column

2) Click on "Sort by this column"

3) Click to sort it " Ascending (A-Z)

Screenshot 2023-03-07 094459.jpg

You can then save+close your report and you will find that your projects will be sorted alphabetically by owner name

Best Regards,

Rich.