Expand my Community achievements bar.

HTML line break <br> in a valueexpression textmode command

Level 4
Im writing a custom report to show the details of custom data on an issue request queue. There is a whole boat load of data in the custom form for the issue request queue. The queue is for requesting a report from an analytics group. The custom data has the display logic that if you select one constituent that you want in the report you get a whole bunch more questions. So in my custom report, i want to display the information that was selected and not display all the fields if they weren't selected. I am using valueexpression in text mode to look if there is an answer or not, and if there is to display that answer. Example: valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:Undergrad Alumni}),"",CONCAT("Undergrad Alumni: ",{DE:Undergrad Alumni})) The issue that I am having though is line breaks. I want to have everything in one column so I an doing a sharecol, but i'd like to add in HTML so I can do a line break and have the content that is returned on different lines if it is present. I know that i can create a column with a line break inbetween, but if no data is returned cause it wasn't selected, then there is just a blank line break. I'd rather there be nothing and when data is returned, have the line break included. I can't seem to include the in the valueexpression though, it just renders it as instead of the line break. Any thoughts on how i can get this work or other ideas? Hopefully i didn't make it too confusing but if so, let me know and i can provide screenshots and more explanation. Thanks! Scott
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 1
Scott, Did you ever figure out a solution to this issue? I'm having a similar problem now, and while I thought I had a solution in some old code, it isn't working for me. Thanks!

Level 4
Unfortunately no. The value expression doesn't allow the HTML so I had to basically create multiple columns for each row instead of the one value expression. Its workable, but it makes the custom column really large since I have alot of columns and then i have to zoom the screen out just to be able to click on the tab to bring up the code.....its a pain but it works. In Reply to Amanda Zuzolo:
Scott, Did you ever figure out a solution to this issue? I'm having a similar problem now, and while I thought I had a solution in some old code, it isn't working for me. Thanks!

Level 1
Thanks, that’s what I had been doing as well. I was hoping to see if there was a trick to it so maybe I could do conditional line breaks in a valueexpression, but it looks like no dice. I also tried the HTML entity for line break ( ) but as I suspected this was just parsed into text. Thanks regardless! Amanda