Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to stop user to add task in the project created for Request Queue Set Up?

Level 10

Hello All,

Any quick tip, about how to stop user to create a task in a project created for Request Queue setup?

Mvh

Kundan.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

9 Replies

Level 4

Hi @Kundan Kumar‚ ,

We add a task to all of our Request Queues that says 'DO NOT ADD TASKS TO THIS PROJECT' and set the status of this task to Complete.

Maybe this can help you as well?

Kind regards,

Femke Crijns

Level 10

Hi @Femke Crijns‚

Thanks for recommendation. But this project created for request queue set up. And project status cannot be changed to Completed until all issues are closed.

BR

Kundan.

Level 4

Hi @Kundan Kumar‚

You may have misunderstood me. I meant to set the task status to Complete not the project status, that one can remain in Queue status. But I see Jyotsna already had some nice advice for you. Have a nice day!

Level 4

You could set the status of your project to 'Request Queue' and let users know that projects in this statuses shouldnt be used for tasks.

you could also limit the access to this project to only view so people will not be able to add tasks.

Level 10

Hi @Jyotsna Mohanraj‚

Thanks for recommendation. The users were already informed long ago. But its very challenging to hold their hand after years. Now I removed them from the project edit in regard to adding task inside Edit Project. But if they are given access as View, then they can see but cannot edit. Also, made changes in their issue handling.

Have a nice day!

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 10

This is what we do, we control it via the project permissions for the request queue project, and as you did, set it for View only.

Community Advisor

I am not sure how your governance is set up. is it possible to let the users have their own project to create tasks in? Sounds like they just need a place to do their work in their way?

Our standard practice is to have an empty project be the published request queue. All the routing rules will then route to a team/user assignee AND to another project. The published request queue is always empty and no one has edit permissions on it. And we don't really care what the team does in their own project -- that's their space. Occasionally we'll need to change their space (like if there are "too many" requests in it, we'll start splitting it up by year) but the originating queue remains the same for whoever has bookmarked this.

So, mostly trying to understand why they should not create tasks, other than this being a request queue.

Level 10

Thanks a lot @Skye Hansen‚

This is also a good recommendation. Have a nice day!

Mvh

Kundan.