Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

How to set a specific view for a team associated with a specific client

Level 1

Hi there! We're getting ready to rollout Workfront to our company, and one thing we've been trying to figure out is how to set a default *custom* view for a specific client project, for that specific working team. We understand how to share views with certain teams/groups, but can we take it a step further and make it a default view for the user and the assigned project? We're trying to make this as easy as possible, specifically for workers and reviewers. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there! Unfortunately it is not possible yet to have a view associated with a specific project, something I've wanted for a long time. However, I believe it is on WF's roadmap! 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 3

Hi arappold,

You can do this by creating new layout template for the team. Within the "Lists" option you can update the default view you want the team to see. You can also remove the other views/filters/groupings to further restricts the changes they can make. 

Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 2.59.05 PM.png

Best,

Surya

Level 2

Surya,

Do you know how a default view or filter can be set for issues within a project?

We use request queues and trying to reduce clicks by not having to change the issue views/filters and would like to avoid having to open the issue details to view the question details. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there! Unfortunately it is not possible yet to have a view associated with a specific project, something I've wanted for a long time. However, I believe it is on WF's roadmap! 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Glad to hear this functionality is on the roadmap.