Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to get a task custom field to display on a project report?

Level 5

I have a task report that has a column for a custom field that we attach to tasks.

displayname=

linkedname=direct

namekey=Medical Notes

querysort=DE:Medical Notes

valuefield=Medical Notes

valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString

We also have a project report that is used by the team and I need to add a column on that report that displays these notes.

I'm striking out with every combination I try. Any ideas?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 8

I tried several things as well with no luck. Could it be that you can't report on this because 1 project could have many different tasks and all of those tasks could have different information that's all trying to relay into one cell in your report?

Level 10

Hi - because you have a many to one relationship with projects and tasks, you have to do a collection in your project report. Here is the info on Workfront One for collections: https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=the-new-workfront-experience&topicId=Content%2FRe...

Based on what you have, I'm thinking your code would be the below.

valueformat=customDataLabelAsString

textmode=true

type=iterate

listdelimiter=<br>

displayname=Medical Notes

listmethod=nested(task).lists

valuefield=Medical Notes

Try that out. :)

Level 10

Hmm... try this then with the CONCAT

displayname=Medical Notes

listdelimiter=<br>

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=CONCAT({DE:Medical Notes})

valueformat=HTML

Level 5

Yay! that worked. I'm going to create and "Ask Anthony" group lol.

Thankyou for saving me once again!

Level 10

LOL! Glad that work! As long as you have the Text Mode Reporting tag on your question, I'll see it. ;)