Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to display time constraint at the project level?

Level 1

our organization operates on turning around jobs in a matter of hours or minutes. It’s difficult to calculate how many hours out, when we hear - “we need this by 12:00pm.”

It’s also difficult to see the time when it’s buried down in a task (using the must finish on task constraint). How can I see time in a prominent place, like the “planned due date” or “project owner” position at the project level?

1 Reply

Level 10

Are you putting the 12:00pm requirement as part of the Planned Completion Date? If so, you can go into the view, click on the Due On column and just change the format so the Time is included (I've done this on some views for Day of the Week as people like that).

For us, none of our Project Managers wanted to get into that level, plus that info doesn't show on the Workload Balancer that the Resource Manager uses, so we put it in the task name. "Internal Review (3pm)" or "Submit to Reg Ops (Noon)"

That way it shows in any report that shows the task. (It is also great for Agile people if you need something due before the end of the sprint like "Deck for executives (8/26)" even though the sprint isn't done until the 8/28 so the Planned Completion Date of the task shows 8/28)