Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How to default task start dates project by project

Level 3
In addition to the Setup Project Preferences Tasks & Issues New Tasks Defaults When I create a new task, set the...Start Date..., can i set that default per project? There are some projects that we use to represent "on-going" work. As new tasks are added we have to reset their start dates to today or future. We could advance the project start date, but I am not sure I'd like disturbing the timeframe history in the project when the default task constraint is ASAP.
1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Robert, The default you are asking about is system wide, so (statistically speaking) is best set to whatever benefits the majority. For the exceptions, consider creating and using a Template with "the opposite" setting on its Tasks, and training people to copy an existing task within a Project (thereby getting the same such settings) rather than inserting new Task (which will get the "wrong" defaults and require additional editing. Finally, whether in Legacy Gantt or List View, I'd encourage you to keep the Task Constraint visible so it can be easily reviewed and corrected as needed. Regards, Doug