Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

How to copy file using fusion?

Community Advisor

Hi everyone,

I would like to create a copy of a file in Workfront using Fusion, any tips how to approach this?

There is no "copy" action in Misc module, so my plan would be to:

1. download the file

2. upload the file as many times as needed

I don't think this is most optimal, but I'm not sure if there is any better approach. Looking forward to hear your thoughts.

Best

R

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The two approaches I use in situations like this are:

1. Check the API Explorer, specifying Unsupported version, and review the actions tab for the object type of interest. Sometimes, you will find a relevant endpoint that can be used in a Custom API Call module. 

2. If Step 1 fails, perform the action in browser and use the browser dev tools/network pane to inspect which endpoint Workfront uses when performing the action in the UI. (These endpoints sometimes only work in a HTTP module.)

I see no relevant endpoint published in the Unsupported API version, and "Copy" isn't an action that can be done in the UI, so I believe your described approach is the only option for your scenario.

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The two approaches I use in situations like this are:

1. Check the API Explorer, specifying Unsupported version, and review the actions tab for the object type of interest. Sometimes, you will find a relevant endpoint that can be used in a Custom API Call module. 

2. If Step 1 fails, perform the action in browser and use the browser dev tools/network pane to inspect which endpoint Workfront uses when performing the action in the UI. (These endpoints sometimes only work in a HTTP module.)

I see no relevant endpoint published in the Unsupported API version, and "Copy" isn't an action that can be done in the UI, so I believe your described approach is the only option for your scenario.

If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/4rbpr7hf

Community Advisor

thanks @William-- for confirming my thoughts. 
I did check API explorer, but haven't thought of using unsupported version, that was very good suggestion, I will keep that in mind for future.