Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

How to Configure - Automatic Update of Planned Completion Date

Level 10
This question is for "planned" completion date not "projected" completion date. In my project, goes from start date, set at 12/1/2019 I have task A - Client Call. Once ! set the date on Client Call - 12/6/2019, I want other tasks "planned completion dates" to change automatically. I have a predecessor set on Task B and Task C, which is Task A. I have a duration set on Task B of 1 day. I have a duration set on Task C of 4 days. Task A = 12/6/2019, (Must Finish On is the task constraint) Task B = Task A plus 1 day ....I am expecting the planned completion date to display/change to 12/7/2019 (as soon as possible is the task constraint) Task C = Task A plus 4 days ....I am expecting the planned completion date to display/change to 12/10/2019 (as soon as possible is the task constraint) However, the planned completion dates for Task B nor Task C did not change when I performed a timeline recalculation. What else do I need to configure - to make these task relational - where as a change in Task A will automatically change the planned completion date of Task B and Task C. We are using "planned completion date" NOT "projected completion date" I have read this article - but still not clear on the change needed. https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/Understanding-the-Planned-Completion-Date-of-a-Project-14... Thank you in advance. Benetta Perry APS
3 Replies

Level 10
Hi I'm pretty sure Task A should be Must Start On instead of Must Finish On.

Level 10
Created a test project with 3 tasks and it works perfectly - seems my project has a bug in it. Guess I will create it from scratch again as oppose to spend time debugging it. Benetta Perry APS

Level 10
I assume the project has a Schedule From as Start Date. If not, that would be the issue. If so, what are the dates showing for Tasks B & C? Can you show a screen shot?