Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to calculate turn time from request entry date to project completion?

Level 5

Hello! I am looking to build a report with a column that calculates the overall turn time from the Request Entry Date to the Resolve Project's Actual Completion Date - excluding weekends and holidays.

Any help is appreciated :)

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Kasey,

Use the following text mode to calculate the turnaround time from request entry to project completion.

displayname=Turnaround TIme

textmode=true

valueexpression=ROUND(DIV(WORKMINUTESDIFF({convertedOpTaskEntryDate},{actualCompletionDate}),480),0)

valueformat=HTML

The expression looks at the number of working minutes between the two dates and divides the number of minutes by 480 which is the number of minutes in a standard 8 hour working day. This gives you the total number of days exluding any non working time such as weekends or holidays.

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 5

I have a project report that does just that! Try this text mode... I don't know how to exclude holidays, though.

displayname=Response Time Request Entry to Project Completion

textmode=true

valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({convertedOpTaskEntryDate},{actualCompletionDate})

valueformat=HTML

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Kasey,

Use the following text mode to calculate the turnaround time from request entry to project completion.

displayname=Turnaround TIme

textmode=true

valueexpression=ROUND(DIV(WORKMINUTESDIFF({convertedOpTaskEntryDate},{actualCompletionDate}),480),0)

valueformat=HTML

The expression looks at the number of working minutes between the two dates and divides the number of minutes by 480 which is the number of minutes in a standard 8 hour working day. This gives you the total number of days exluding any non working time such as weekends or holidays.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 5

Thank you so much, I will give this a try! Would this work best on a Project or Request report?

Community Advisor

No problem Kasey.

This will only work on a Project report.

Level 5

Thank you, this works perfectly! Do you know if there is a way to also use text mode to display the original request's entry date on the report?

Appreciate your help!! :)

Community Advisor

HI Kasey,

Glad I could help.

You shouldn't need any text mode to display the original request's entry date in a project report. There is a field called 'Converted Issue Entry Date' available as a column natively within the report builder.

Best Regards,

Rich.