Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

How to calculate turn time from request entry date to project completion?

Level 5

Hello! I am looking to build a report with a column that calculates the overall turn time from the Request Entry Date to the Resolve Project's Actual Completion Date - excluding weekends and holidays.

Any help is appreciated :)

Thank you!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Kasey,

Use the following text mode to calculate the turnaround time from request entry to project completion.

displayname=Turnaround TIme

textmode=true

valueexpression=ROUND(DIV(WORKMINUTESDIFF({convertedOpTaskEntryDate},{actualCompletionDate}),480),0)

valueformat=HTML

The expression looks at the number of working minutes between the two dates and divides the number of minutes by 480 which is the number of minutes in a standard 8 hour working day. This gives you the total number of days exluding any non working time such as weekends or holidays.

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 5

I have a project report that does just that! Try this text mode... I don't know how to exclude holidays, though.

displayname=Response Time Request Entry to Project Completion

textmode=true

valueexpression=WEEKDAYDIFF({convertedOpTaskEntryDate},{actualCompletionDate})

valueformat=HTML

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Kasey,

Use the following text mode to calculate the turnaround time from request entry to project completion.

displayname=Turnaround TIme

textmode=true

valueexpression=ROUND(DIV(WORKMINUTESDIFF({convertedOpTaskEntryDate},{actualCompletionDate}),480),0)

valueformat=HTML

The expression looks at the number of working minutes between the two dates and divides the number of minutes by 480 which is the number of minutes in a standard 8 hour working day. This gives you the total number of days exluding any non working time such as weekends or holidays.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 5

Thank you so much, I will give this a try! Would this work best on a Project or Request report?

Community Advisor

No problem Kasey.

This will only work on a Project report.

Level 5

Thank you, this works perfectly! Do you know if there is a way to also use text mode to display the original request's entry date on the report?

Appreciate your help!! :)

Community Advisor

HI Kasey,

Glad I could help.

You shouldn't need any text mode to display the original request's entry date in a project report. There is a field called 'Converted Issue Entry Date' available as a column natively within the report builder.

Best Regards,

Rich.