Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

How to add a calculated column to a Matrix report

Level 3
Hi there, Does anyone know of a way to add a column in a matrix report? For example, I have a report (shown below) that shows actual work vs planned work grouped by week, and I'd like to add a third column to each week that calculates the percentage how much of the planned hours was actually used. I'm relatively new to text mode but I'd welcome any suggestions. Thanks! Sandi Hancocks St Joseph Communications
2 Replies

Level 10
Curious about this myself; our WSA thinks martrix reporting doesn't like to do this because one of our reports with such a column keeps exploding the layout when adding a column with a calculated valueexpression. But I've punted to Support to see if they have any ideas. We will likely resort to doing the calculation as a custom field on one of the mandatory custom forms so it's "just a field" rather than an on-report calculation. Kevin Quosig

Level 10
Support just got back to me: calculated field (calculated in-report via valueexpression) are a no-go on matrix reports. We have a couple of mandatory-on-all-projects custom forms, so I can just do the calculation to a dedicated field there and then use that field in the matrix report. Kevin Quosig