Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How is your Workfront wonkiness going?

Level 9

We're noticing an uptick in what I call 'wonkiness' in our Workfront instance. It usually happens once they deploy changes to the environment on Thursday mornings.

Our latest and greatest:

1. Our calculated fields stopped working on a project. There's nothing wrong - and if you manually choose 'recalculate expressions' it will show up. I'm not sure why it isn't showing up in the first place though.
  2. A report that gets distributed to management suddenly went blank after attempting to add a filter. The filter is removed (thus taking the report back to it's original form) but nothing is populating now. It's just.......gone. I duplicated the report to see if it was a filter issue and THAT report works.....but the legacy report that is still bookmarked by management is dead in the water.

Any suggestions for Workfront instance 'maintenance' that could be lending to the wonkiness?

I've traded calls with support a handful of times but it usually results in 'lets setup a time to discuss' and I'm trying to keep the lights on here as we're short staffed.

Thanks for any tips!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

We've seen "wonkiness" after updates, but it's usually limited to a handful of users, and the advice is always the same (and seems to work):

1. Clear the browser cache
  2. Make sure the user is on Chrome (or Firefox)
  3. As needed: log out, restart browser, log back in

Level 10

The proper way to flush cache in Chrome

Assuming you have the Chrome browser window opened, press Control+Shift+I on Windows and Command+Option+I on MacOS. This opens the Chrome Developer Tools. When the Developer Tools console is open, right click on the Reload button. A drop-down menu with three options is displayed:

1. Normal Reload
  2. Hard Reload
  3. Empty Cache and Hard Reload

Normal Reload– Uses cached data. Press F5 to initiate normal reload.

Hard Reload– Forces browser to re-download items and reload. It is possible that used resources may come from a cached version. Press Control+F5 or Control+Shift+R to initiate hard reload.

Empty Cache and Hard Reload– Cache for the page is cleared completely, and everything will be re-downloaded.

Level 10

I have had some wonkiness i the past few weeks;

Projects displaying as choices in the teams filter in Workload Balancer.

My Role(s) filter in Workload Balancer displaying roles other than mine.

Report views displaying for users that don't have access to those views.

Column lines not displaying on the reports report.

Calculated time field not honoring time zones

Color profiles not being honored in Proof

The list goes on…