Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

How do you use Fusion to update custom form fields located in requests and projects if you have an excel file

Level 2

Hi everyone, 

During the process of updating our custom forms, I decided to remove the custom field rather than hide it on the same form to preserve historical information. (I didn't delete the file, just removed it from the custom form)

As a result, I noticed that the fields I removed no longer had data in them. Fortunately, I was able to catch this prior to the new refresh on Monday, August 28, so I went to the preview and ran a report to get the data, but I don't want to have to copy and paste them back into the project. I'm looking to use Fusion to move the data back into production from the report I ran in "Preview", now that it's in an excel format. Could anyone show me how I could do this using Fusion. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Margrette

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think this is one of the very first things you learn how to do in the current Fusion class. (all of the "mapping" stuff) You could probably start using this link, and in the left hand navigation panel, observe the dropdown list that is expanded and do those 4-6 exercises.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront-learn/tutorials-workfront/fusion/understand-the-ba...

Ideally the way I would have done this would have been downloading a list from preview that included the IDs or reference numbers since these are the most unique things about each request or project. Then I'd use this to map your downloaded info back into whatever field you want it in. I'm just a beginner though, so maybe someone else has a better way.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I think this is one of the very first things you learn how to do in the current Fusion class. (all of the "mapping" stuff) You could probably start using this link, and in the left hand navigation panel, observe the dropdown list that is expanded and do those 4-6 exercises.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront-learn/tutorials-workfront/fusion/understand-the-ba...

Ideally the way I would have done this would have been downloading a list from preview that included the IDs or reference numbers since these are the most unique things about each request or project. Then I'd use this to map your downloaded info back into whatever field you want it in. I'm just a beginner though, so maybe someone else has a better way.

Level 2

Thank you for sharing your insights and suggestions regarding the Fusion class material.

I appreciate your guidance on using the link and exploring the exercises related to the "mapping" aspects. It's reassuring to know that this is covered early in the course.

Your idea of downloading a list from preview that includes IDs or reference numbers is something that I already did. I actually just added all the fields that was included in the original form, just in case). 

I'll definitely explore the link and exercises you mentioned above.

Thanks again for your valuable input—I truly appreciate your willingness to help!

Best regards,

Community Advisor

that's a great start, Margrette. Remember, you can test it in the preview sandbox first and if you succeed, change all the modules to the production environment using the fusion developers toolkit (https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/adobe-workfront-fusion/scenarios-in-fusion/d... )

Good luck.