Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How do you set up one user with two different sets of access rights?

Level 2

I have a user with limited view in our instance, and she is now looking to have more access for her own lists, projects and tasks. Is there a way to maintain the limited view she has if I up her to a plan license for her side? Does this need a new company or group to be created?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 4

Linda, you should be able to create a new access level for her. But if she has a plan license I'm not sure I understand why she doesn't have access to view her own items. Another suggestion would be to create a new layout template for her.

Level 8

As long as you don't give her permission to view certain items she still can't see them with a plan license (regardless of her access level) If you grant access on a group or company basis then yes you'll need a new group or company created for her and then share only what she needs to see with her.

We have this happening on a regular basis as we try and draw a line between our international and domestic creative groups. All of my users are on flex licenses, but their permissions are restricted when it comes to sharing. Every international project is shared only with the international group and the same happens for thee domestic. However I have one user who sometimes needs to see some in international and all of creative. In these cases I just share what she needs to see with her and nothing more.

Does that make sense?

Level 2

Thanks Samantha. Yes, that does make sense. I'll try setting up some tests and see if I can create the right scenario and access.

Level 8

It can get tricky to manage for a sys admin. I trained that particular user and a couple others on how to request access to see things. That enables them to manage things (to a degree) themselves.