Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do you report on Program start and end dates?

Level 2

Hi, I'm wondering how other companies report on Program start and end dates given there are no native date fields for this.  To date my org has been creating a separate project that the PMO team would monitor and keep current as new projects are added to the program.  This project served other purposes as well, but our ways of working are changing and we don't need that project anymore, except maybe for the sole purpose of depicting program timelines.  So I wonder how other surface program start/end dates (and why there aren't native fields for this today that display the earliest and latest dates from all child projects)?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @AdamCnote,

To visualize Program start and ends, I invite you to consider our MarCom Gantt solution, including this video which shows it in action.

Regards,

Doug 

Community Advisor

Hi @AdamCnote - You could consider using Fusion to write dates into a custom form field on the program, but one OOTB solution we have used is creating a program report and then using a collection text mode to write in the start and end dates of the projects, an example is below. If you paste in a column it would show Project Name - Actual Start Date - Actual Completion Date. This will give all projects in the program's start and end date. You could get fancier with the value expression and say IF Project Template = X and that is always first, then give me that start date and similar with the completion date, Project Template = X and return that date. It depends if you have some type of identifier there.

Hope that helps!

displayname=Project Start & End
listdelimiter=<p>
listmethod=nested(projects).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=CONCAT({name}," - ",{actualStartDate}," - ",{actualCompletionDate})
valueformat=HTML

Level 2

Thanks Victoria!  I think the textmode code you shared might be good enough.  We don't have Fusion.