Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

How do you manage licenses with freelancers and outside agencies?

Level 10

I'm trying to limit how many licenses we have in order to keep costs down, and not everyone needs a license, but it is much easier if they do. We now have many outside vendors doing creative work for us and while they all don't need to use Workfront (and would probably resist learning anyways) I'm looking for advice on how you manage outside workers. (I've read through this topic from previous threads, and there was some good stuff, hoping for more!) Thanks.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

0) We flag them in some way (user custom form, or belonging to a particular Group or Company) so we can filter for just these folks. They also get special access levels, so they can't do as much in our instance (they can't make reports, filters, views and groupings for instance, so we don't have to maintain whatever they build)

1) Bare minimum, if they get a paid license, it must be because they are being assigned work in some way (or assigning it to others).

2) If they don't log in within 30 days, they get deactivated (no hard feelings and we will reactivate them as soon as they let us know)

Level 5

We brought in our external marketing agencies into Workfront two years ago and also had to decide how to assign licenses. We allot just one licensed user per company, whoever the main account manager is. They have additional basic accounts. It works pretty well, though I wish any user could create proofs, not just licensed users.