Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How do you handle automated proof workflow templates with 100s of users?

Community Advisor

Hoping someone out there has a similar use case to my own. As a large company we handle thousands of projects each year and even more deliverables that need to be reviewed and approved. Right now we are using Basic Workflows and the individual users have to add/remove users each time; upper leadership would like us to explore automated workflows but from my research you have to have specific people listed for each step. Does anyone with a lot of users have a solution that allows them to utilize automated workflows without creating thousands of flows with varying combinations? I am also open to using Fusion in the solution if possible.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Since you do have to add someone to each stage of the workflow template, we've created workflows with fake users on each step. Then our project managers add the real users when they set up the proof.

This puts "someone" on each step, but doesn't result in a real someone who isn't actually part of that project getting an email notification about a proof. We use noreply1@proofHQ.com, noreply2@proofHQ.com, etc., but any email that doesn't really go to anyone would be fine.

Level 10

The approach we're exploring is amongst groups of planners, they often have overlapping reviewers. So our templates would include all possible users for that particular workflow (maybe a dozen) and then planners can remove the reviewers they don't need.

It is quicker to remove reviewers than to add them one by one, in our experience.

This might at least narrow-down your templates.