Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

How do I un-share Forms automatically shared with my home group?

Level 10

I just created a new form and it is automatically shared with my home group. When I delete them from the sharing tree, they come right back. It says "Members of this group will have access to modify this form from setup."

I don't think this is standard behavior, at least I don't remember it being standard. It also defaults to sharing system-wide. Is that new too?

How do I un-share it from my home group? and only share it with users I want it shared with?

0694X00000At0CCQAZ.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Randy,

Custom forms have to be associated with atleast one group within Workfront. When you first create a custom form, your home group is the group that it is defaulted to. In order to remove your home group from the sharing permissions you will need to add another group instead, otherwise your home-group will be re-added to the form.

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Randy,

Custom forms have to be associated with atleast one group within Workfront. When you first create a custom form, your home group is the group that it is defaulted to. In order to remove your home group from the sharing permissions you will need to add another group instead, otherwise your home-group will be re-added to the form.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 10

Thanks Richard, I have no idea how that slipped by without me ever knowing that. I'm doing a couple forms which should only be seen by HR as they are of a sensitive nature. I guess I'll have to create a "Security" group.

Level 10

Yay! this was fixed in 20.4! No need for a group to be associated with a form. View the tutorial here: Click