Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I send a reminder notification once a project is complete?

Level 4

Our situation is that we close projects as soon as complete, for billing purposes. However, we have one person who pulls campaign results (from claims systems) and we'd like to give him a reminder notification 150 days after project is complete, so he's not relying on putting reminders on his calendar. Because projects are occasionally closed and re-opened (for logging expenses or other reasons) I want to rely on a custom "Actual mail date" field in our custom form, rather than the system project completion date. Is there a way to send a notification post completion, based on a custom date field? TIA!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10

I don't know of a way to send a reminder based on a field, short of using Fusion, but you could create an issue on all projects and send a reminder via Setup > email > Notifications. You can set the timing of the email notification and also create an email template with project information. Or, you could attach a notification to the last task in the project with a hard date.

There's probably a dozen other ways I haven't though of.

Level 4

Thanks for the quick response. Fusion is a good suggestion since we'll begin using that soon. I tried the email via setup/email/notifications but that appears to only let me choose a trigger of the project closing or system completion date. I'll need to see if I can attach a notification to the last task while the project closes. thanks

Level 10

Hi @Cheryl Lutmer‚

Just an idea, have you tried to build your own notification in Setup area.

Please refer attachment.

Mvh

Kundan.