Expand my Community achievements bar.

How Do I Report on Pending Task Approvals that use Wildcards (Program Owner)?

Level 3

Racking my brain trying to find the report that will show me pending task approvals that use wildcards. It shows me which tasks have the approval workflow on it, but doesn't tell me who's got the Pending Approval on the team. Thoughts? TY!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 4

Hi Deborah,

We had a similar situation where our project owners wanted to see who they were waiting on pending task approvals and not getting a great solution in reporting. Our task approvals are assigned to users with a specific role. We worked with a WF consultant and what we did was create a task report, filtered for specific approvals as we have a lot, filtered by the project owner being the logged in user using the the user id wild card and then in the columns of the report, we pulled in the Project Team and we used some text mode, copied below, to pull in the name of the user and the role so you could at least see who is in that role in the project under the Users page. Then you know which person is in that role to follow up with and complete the approval. Screenshot of some of the report columns and how the Project Team one appears. I did black out the users names for privacy. Hope this helps!
Mary

displayname=Project Team
listdelimiter=<div>
listmethod=nested(project.projectUsers).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=CONCAT(" • ",{user}.{name}," – ",{user}.{role})
valueformat=HTML

Level 3

Greetings Mary,

Thank you for sharing that information. We are going to try a few things and get right back to you on the results!