Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How do I make a field editable in a report?

Level 4

Hi, I have received a request for a Hot-sheet style report with the following fields: Project Name | Task Name | Assigned to User | Planned Start Date | Planned End Date | Project Status | Task Status | Notes

The requirement is to make the Notes field editable so that the PM can enter updates or notes for the task item. How do I do that in the form of a report? I tried google for this and I didn't get anywhere. Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 7

Hi Naushin,

Assuming you're referring to the Updates field, it's not possible to make it editable in a report. The field captures all system updates so that excludes it from being editable in reports. For that reason, we create custom fields like Status Summary and Notes & Comments and place those in reports for users to be able to provide live updates.

Hope this helps,

Teale

Level 10

Hi Naushin,

For comparison, I invite you to consider our Hot Sheet solution, which includes active links to ooen each task (on the updates tab, if desired).

Regards,

Doug