Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I group by sponsor team name for reports?

Level 2

I'm trying to get the report overview and chart to reflect groupings by project sponsor team name. This currently isn't an option under grouping even though I can pull up that field in the details view as a column. Right now in order to see projects by sponsor group, I have to download the details view spreadsheet and sort by sponsor team name.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Andrilita,

You will need to switch your groupings to text mode and use the below code:

group.0.linkedname=sponsor

group.0.namekey=view.relatedcolumn

group.0.namekeyargkey.0=sponsor

group.0.namekeyargkey.1=homeTeam

group.0.namekeyargkey.2=name

group.0.valuefield=sponsor:homeTeam:name

group.0.valueformat=string

textmode=true

This should group your projects by the home team name of the project sponsor.

Best Regards,

Rich

Level 2

Hi Rich,

Thank you for the reply. I used the code provided, but the results are coming up as no value for home team in summary and chart even though I am able to pull values in the details view using the sponsor > team column option. Any idea why the text grouping isn't pulling the sponsor team?

Community Advisor

Hi Andrilita,

A couple of things to check . . . .

(1) Can you confirm that it is a project report that you are creating?

(2) Have you got any other groupings applied? If yes, can you tell me what they are?

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 2

Sure thing, this is a project report and the text provided is the only grouping applied.

Thank you,

Andrilita

Community Advisor

Ahh, I suspect that this grouping method will only work in the list view, not for charts. Workfront doesn't tend to like text mode grouping for charts and reports when you have to reference multple argument keys.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 2

Thank you for the info, I appreciate your help.

Andrilita