Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do I get reporting on General Overhead from Timesheets?

Level 4

I need to get the General Overhead hour fields from the Time Sheets to display in an Hours report (see the Time sheet fields in the attached image). I have reviewed several older discussions pertaining to this type of reporting where they suggest using a filter of Hour Type >> Overhead Type, Equal to General, but this is producing no results. My filters are as follows for my report:

Hour >> Entry date Last Week

AND

Hour >> Role ID, Equal to Designer, Photo Editor, Project Manager

AND

Portfolio >> ID, Equal to Marketing

AND

Hour Type >> Overhead Type, Equal to General

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi David - I think the issue is your portfolio ID filter. General Overhead hours are not tied to projects and so are not tied to Portfolios. You would need some sort of user filter to get just the Marketing designers. Is Marketing a group?

Once you remove the Portfolio ID, you will see some results in your report.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

Above are the report columns from the Hours report

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi David - I think the issue is your portfolio ID filter. General Overhead hours are not tied to projects and so are not tied to Portfolios. You would need some sort of user filter to get just the Marketing designers. Is Marketing a group?

Once you remove the Portfolio ID, you will see some results in your report.

Level 4

Thanks @Anthony Imgrund‚ that did the trick! I thought it might be something simple that I was missing.