Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

How do I create a custom report column that shows the duration of the project from its Actual Start to today?

Level 2

Hi all and Happy New Year!

I'm trying to create a custom column in a report that will show the number of days since the Actual Start Date for any project in Current status. For example, if the Actual Start Date of a project is 01/01/21 and today is 01/04/21, the column would say "3". I haven't been able to find a direct term for this type of duration (although it may exist) so I'm thinking it will need to be in text mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Sarah,

Try this:

valueexpression=CONCAT(ROUND(DATEDIFF({actualStartDate},$$TODAY),2)," Days")

valuefield=actualStartDate

linkedname=direct

valueformat=HTML

aggregator.valueexpression=CONCAT(ROUND(DATEDIFF({actualStartDate},$$TODAY),2)," Days")

aggregator.function=SUM

aggregator.valueformat=HTML

aggregator.displayformat=HTML

displayname=

namekey=$$TODAY

textmode=true

The result will depend on the time in the actual start date field compared to the time of day when you run the report.

Hope this helps,

Teale

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Sarah,

Try this:

valueexpression=CONCAT(ROUND(DATEDIFF({actualStartDate},$$TODAY),2)," Days")

valuefield=actualStartDate

linkedname=direct

valueformat=HTML

aggregator.valueexpression=CONCAT(ROUND(DATEDIFF({actualStartDate},$$TODAY),2)," Days")

aggregator.function=SUM

aggregator.valueformat=HTML

aggregator.displayformat=HTML

displayname=

namekey=$$TODAY

textmode=true

The result will depend on the time in the actual start date field compared to the time of day when you run the report.

Hope this helps,

Teale