Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

How do I change the status of a request to "rejected" - when the project it's attached to has "rejected" status. I continue to receive a notice stating "you need access to make the change" although I have Admin access.

Level 1

We want the original request and project to be linked, and need their status' to also be the same.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The way I've seen this done is to have a set of statuses in the Request with the same 3-letter key as the Project.

e.g. If your Project's "Reject" status 3-letter key is REJ, you create Request status that has REJ as the 3-letter key (call the status what you want, but we would call it something like "Project:Rejected"). Equate it to whatever status you like (closed would be my choice). Lock and hide the status so that users are not able to see and use it.

When you change your project's status to rejected, it will change the request status to project:rejected for you.

I'm sorry, I don't know what the notice is about you needing access to make the change.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

The way I've seen this done is to have a set of statuses in the Request with the same 3-letter key as the Project.

e.g. If your Project's "Reject" status 3-letter key is REJ, you create Request status that has REJ as the 3-letter key (call the status what you want, but we would call it something like "Project:Rejected"). Equate it to whatever status you like (closed would be my choice). Lock and hide the status so that users are not able to see and use it.

When you change your project's status to rejected, it will change the request status to project:rejected for you.

I'm sorry, I don't know what the notice is about you needing access to make the change.

Community Advisor

Skye! That's brilliant!

We've struggled with projects that go to On Hold, thier resolved issue's status goes to New and that's just confusing.

I love this community and the great ideas that come from it so much!

Community Advisor

hi Heather, glad that helps. I'm going to give you a caveat which is that it won't work if you regularly take your converted project in and out of any status equating to closed. For example, when we cancel our converted projects, there's no problem -- their issue also goes to canceled. But if we resurrect them, the issue doesn't follow suit (remains closed) and needs to be disconnected and reconnected to the project. We don't do this a lot (it's happened to me twice in the past year), so I haven't bothered trying to chase it down as a bug. But it's going to be annoying if you have to do it a lot.

Level 1

Thank you Both! Great suggestion Skye, which I tried, but to your last update, such didn't work for this project. Alas, I'll continue playing with it - this is the first time we've experienced this and such is not likely to be a common practice so it may be de-prioritized for us as well! Appreciate both of your support!