Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How do I add multiple options to a report when I am using the "Contains" option?

Level 2

I am trying to get a report together of all of our projects based on coronavirus, so I am using the "Project > Project Number" and then "Contains" but I am listing out multiple options and I am not sure how to make it clear that each option should be its own phrase. Every time I run it, the report says it has no data.

Note: "Project

Number" is a special field we had made when we launched that allows us to

create our own project names to couple with the Workfront generated number.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Hi Molly,

Assuming each Project Number is unique and does not change, this one might depend on the format of your Project Number (e.g. DEPTA-112351 or DEPTB-112388; vs CORONA-112351 or CORONA-112388)

• If you know the specific Project Numbers of interest in advance, in your filter, if you chose Project Number equals (rather than contains), you can then type in each Project Number (e.g. DEPTA-112351, DEPTB-112388) and choose them specifically. Technically, Workfront then converts that to an ID "in" clause.
  • If you do not know them specifically but they include a particular pattern (e.g. CORONA-112351 or CORONA-112388), you can do a CONTAINS for that common pattern ("CORONA") which should then retrieve both
  • If you have multiple patterns (e.g. CORONA-xxxxxx, VIRUS-xxxxxx, etc.) you might be able to get what you need using the OR1: / OR2: prefix syntax
  • Alternatively (for all cases), it might be even easier to simply add a checkbox called "Is Corona Related" to the Project Form(s) and use that (e.g. Is Corona Related = True) as your filter

Regards,

Doug

Thank you, the OR function worked. I could have sworn you could list more than one word/phrase when saying "Contains", but I guess not.