Expand my Community achievements bar.

How can I generate a report that details the average number of tasks per project?

Level 1
How can I generate a report that details the average number of tasks per project?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 3
Hi Ben, I don’t believe this is possible in Workfront. I periodically need to get a count on the number of tasks per project. I’ve found the quickest way to achieve this is to create a task report showing only project name and task number. I then export to Excel, hop over to the second tab (the data list), highlight the two columns, and insert a pivot table with “project name” on rows and “task number” on values (it defaults to “count”). You could then run an average on the resulting “count” column. It takes a couple of minutes all told…not as ideal as doing it in Workfront itself, but it works. Kathy

Level 10
Hi: Kathy is on to something here. I frequently create reports that merely dump out the data I need to create Pivot tables in Excel. I’d use Excel to solve this problem. It is going to be the fastest and easiest way, in my opinion. Thanks, Eric