Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

How can I filter/limit the rows for a grouping?

Level 3

I have a report for managers to see overdue tasks aligned to their direct reports. Some of these tasks with multiple assignees have resources who do not align to the manager viewing the report. When we apply an assignee grouping, there are results grouped by employees who do not report to that manager, which isn't ideal. Is there a way to essentially filter the grouping so that those tasks still show up on the report but we don't see tasks grouped by resources who aren't on the viewing manager's team?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Sean - have you looked at an assignment object type report? This creates a line item for every assignee so if you have multiple people on the same task, they each get their own line. That way you can filter by manager and they will only see those people.

What is also great, there is an assignment status as well. So if someone on the manager's team clicks "Done with my part" but the task is done because of others, you can filter that task out for the person and the manager doesn't have to follow up with them.

A few years ago, I presented a solution for something similar. It isn't exact so if you have issues adjusting it, let me know.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Sean - have you looked at an assignment object type report? This creates a line item for every assignee so if you have multiple people on the same task, they each get their own line. That way you can filter by manager and they will only see those people.

What is also great, there is an assignment status as well. So if someone on the manager's team clicks "Done with my part" but the task is done because of others, you can filter that task out for the person and the manager doesn't have to follow up with them.

A few years ago, I presented a solution for something similar. It isn't exact so if you have issues adjusting it, let me know.

Level 3

Thank you, Anthony! This seems like a good work around that I'll explore. I also appreciate the presentation for removing tasks people have marked 'Done with my part.'