Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How can I display multiple hyperlinks in a column using text mode within Reports in Adobe Workfront?

Level 2

Hi super league!

I'm new around here and just diving into Workfront. I'm already loving this tool! I was wondering if anyone knows how to display multiple hyperlinks in a column using text mode within a Report?

Here's the query string I'm using to create a Hyperlink column within text mode:

displayname=Calendar

View valueformat=HTML

textmode=true

value=<a href="URL">Calendar Name</a>

Thanks in advance for your help!

Marie-Clara

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

In my instance, I had a set of custom fields that had URLs stored in them to reference various things about a project in our Salesforce instance. I wanted to display them all in the same column, but because I like things to be pretty, I also wanted them to display as a short phrase rather than long ugly URLs. If the custom field happens to not have a URL in it, that space will simply remain blank.

KatherineLa_0-1728569649922.png

column.1.displayname=SFDC Links
column.1.sharecol=true
column.1.textmode=true
column.1.value=<strong>hCRM Opp: </strong>
column.1.valueformat=HTML
column.2.link.url=DE:Opportunity Name - URL Link
column.2.linkedname=html(DE:Opportunity Name - URL Link)
column.2.sharecol=true
column.2.textmode=true
column.2.valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:Opportunity Name - URL Link}),"","Open Opp")
column.2.valueformat=HTML
column.3.sharecol=true
column.3.textmode=true
column.3.value=<br><strong>hCRM Quote: </strong>
column.3.valueformat=HTML
column.4.link.url=DE:CPQ Quote URL
column.4.linkedname=html(DE:CPQ Quote URL)
column.4.sharecol=true
column.4.textmode=true
column.4.valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:CPQ Quote URL}),"","Open Quote")
column.4.valueformat=HTML
column.5.sharecol=true
column.5.textmode=true
column.5.value=<br><strong>Core CRM Opp: </strong>
column.5.valueformat=HTML
column.6.link.url=DE:SFDC - Core CRM URL Link
column.6.linkedname=html(DE:SFDC - Core CRM URL Link)
column.6.textmode=true
column.6.valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:SFDC - Core CRM URL Link}),"","Open Opp")
column.6.valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 9

In my instance, I had a set of custom fields that had URLs stored in them to reference various things about a project in our Salesforce instance. I wanted to display them all in the same column, but because I like things to be pretty, I also wanted them to display as a short phrase rather than long ugly URLs. If the custom field happens to not have a URL in it, that space will simply remain blank.

KatherineLa_0-1728569649922.png

column.1.displayname=SFDC Links
column.1.sharecol=true
column.1.textmode=true
column.1.value=<strong>hCRM Opp: </strong>
column.1.valueformat=HTML
column.2.link.url=DE:Opportunity Name - URL Link
column.2.linkedname=html(DE:Opportunity Name - URL Link)
column.2.sharecol=true
column.2.textmode=true
column.2.valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:Opportunity Name - URL Link}),"","Open Opp")
column.2.valueformat=HTML
column.3.sharecol=true
column.3.textmode=true
column.3.value=<br><strong>hCRM Quote: </strong>
column.3.valueformat=HTML
column.4.link.url=DE:CPQ Quote URL
column.4.linkedname=html(DE:CPQ Quote URL)
column.4.sharecol=true
column.4.textmode=true
column.4.valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:CPQ Quote URL}),"","Open Quote")
column.4.valueformat=HTML
column.5.sharecol=true
column.5.textmode=true
column.5.value=<br><strong>Core CRM Opp: </strong>
column.5.valueformat=HTML
column.6.link.url=DE:SFDC - Core CRM URL Link
column.6.linkedname=html(DE:SFDC - Core CRM URL Link)
column.6.textmode=true
column.6.valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:SFDC - Core CRM URL Link}),"","Open Opp")
column.6.valueformat=HTML

Level 2

Thank you Katherine for your inputs, this is really helpful! I also like it when things are clean and pretty.

But when I try to save or apply the changes to the columns, I get an error message included below and I'm unsure how to fix that.Error Message - Column in Reports.PNG

Level 3

Hi @MarieClara 
Sometimes the report editor gets confused. 
Start fresh: 
Note if you paste in Katherine's code you need to paste that into a second column (her columns start with 1 meaning it's the second column ;/)

If you follow my steps - save after you create your 3 columns, and again after adding the separator columns. 

Let me know how it goes!

Level 2

Oh wow, @Sven-atClient  You were right! It's definetly a bug. When I tried to replicate the action the Incognito mode, I was able to build the columns and save the report without any issues. This is exciting! Thank you a lot for your help

Level 5

No worries. this editor is a really complex app and sometimes this happens. When in doubt - start over  

Level 2

Sure thing! Just one last question @SVEN : Is there a way to display all hyperlinks in a single row? Right now, the three hyperlinks are display multiple times on several lines. Thank you!

Level 9

If you're adapting my code, the line break is happening because of the "<br>" HTML code in columns 3 and 5. If you remove those tags, then it should display everything together in one line. That's probably going to run the link description right up against the previous one though, so I would also maybe put an extra space or two on the end of whatever text you're displaying as the name of the link to click.

Level 2

Thank you @KatherineLa, I kept exploring and found an easy way to build the list and display hyperlinks. I gather the steps in the following discussion: Building a List with Hyperlinks in the Dashboard - Workfront

Level 3

Hi @MarieClara 

To display multiple links, it's easiest if you create multiple columns and join them. 
Katherine did that in her example: It's a way to visually combine 2 or more columns into one. 

say you have 3 columns, col1link, col2link, col3link that each display a link as you described. 

add another column after columns 1 and 2, so you have 

col1link, newcol1, col2link, newcol2, col3link

enter the separator HTML into each of the new columns: 
valueformat=HTML

value=<br/> (or <hr/> etc)

Now, from newcol2 moving left, add

sharecol=true and save

that argument will combine the current with the next column into one. You'll end up with a massive compound column that has 

col1link

newcol1

col2link

newcol2

col3link

similar to Katherine's cod.

Level 2

Thank you, Sven! This is great but same thing I get an error message when I try to save the columns. It says that I need to include at least one column. Any tips on how to fix that? Thank you!Error Message - Column in Reports.PNG