Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

How can I add the portfolio and program name to my document report?

Level 1

I've created a document report and added columns for Program Name and Portfolio Name which are available in the list of options, but the data is not populating. I've scoured the help articles but I only see the extensive training webinars for advanced reporting. While I am eager to review those webinars, we would like to get this report created quickly.

Does anyone have a solution? Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi - yeah, documents are tricky because they can be on multiple object types. My guess is you picked a column that would appear if the document was at the portfolio or program level.

What level do you usually have documents? Like for us, it is at the project level so I use

valuefield=project:portfolio:name

valuefield=project:program:name

If you have them at the task level, you'll want: valuefield=task:project:portfolio:name

If you have them at the issue level, you'll want: valuefield=opTask:project:portfolio:name

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi - yeah, documents are tricky because they can be on multiple object types. My guess is you picked a column that would appear if the document was at the portfolio or program level.

What level do you usually have documents? Like for us, it is at the project level so I use

valuefield=project:portfolio:name

valuefield=project:program:name

If you have them at the task level, you'll want: valuefield=task:project:portfolio:name

If you have them at the issue level, you'll want: valuefield=opTask:project:portfolio:name

Hope that helps.

Level 1

Hi Anthony, Thank you for your prompt response!

We host documents at the project level so that could be the issue with this report.

Your solution worked! Thank you so much for your help!