Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Can I put a sticky on a project or only on a task?

Level 1

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Beth,

If i'm understanding correctly, you are asking if you can add projects as story cards to a scrum or kanban board view for an Agile team in Workfront. . . . .

If that's the case, i'm afrain It's not possible to add a project as a story card. Story cards can only be tasks or issues / requests.

One option that you could explore would be to create a parent task / story and then break the story down into smaller stories (or sub-tasks). This would give you the ability to create a relationship between multiple stories on your backlog with a singlular parent task (or Epic to use the correct Agile terminology!), if that was the outcome you wanted to achieve?

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Rich

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Hi Beth,

Are you referring to the ability to "pin" items in the new Workfront experience?

If so, you can pin almost anything, a project or a task! You could also pin programs, portfolios, calendars, issues, requests...

If that's not what you're referring to, please let me know!

Thanks,

Kyna

Level 1

Hi Kyna,

Thanks for your reply. What our team is seeking to do is mark Projects as Stories (in addition to tasks, issues, requests). Do you know if this is possible?

Thanks

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Beth,

If i'm understanding correctly, you are asking if you can add projects as story cards to a scrum or kanban board view for an Agile team in Workfront. . . . .

If that's the case, i'm afrain It's not possible to add a project as a story card. Story cards can only be tasks or issues / requests.

One option that you could explore would be to create a parent task / story and then break the story down into smaller stories (or sub-tasks). This would give you the ability to create a relationship between multiple stories on your backlog with a singlular parent task (or Epic to use the correct Agile terminology!), if that was the outcome you wanted to achieve?

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Rich

Level 1

You answered our question and made a great suggestion. Thank you!