Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How can a requestor delete their own requests?

Level 3

This seems strange that someone cannot delete a request that they created. Any suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

it's not unusual for companies to decide that people should not have permission to delete something. You can prevent this either via the access level you gave to the user, or on a per-project basis (in the project settings there is an Access section), so I would check both.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

it's not unusual for companies to decide that people should not have permission to delete something. You can prevent this either via the access level you gave to the user, or on a per-project basis (in the project settings there is an Access section), so I would check both.

Level 10

hi @PhillipDunn , i agree with @skyehansen . Mainly driven from access level and then on a per-project basis.

Can we do if an issue is created independently, even restricted from access level.

mvh

kundan

Level 7

Our requesters do not have permission to delete any requests.  I'm not sure there is any way for someone with a requester level access to have delete access in Workfront, their access is very limited.

On another note I would not want a requester to delete a request from someone else accidentally - our instance does not have requests being individually permissioned and I believe that any user on a team would be able to delete any requests from their team.

If a requester needs a request deleted they reach out to the corresponding coordinator or the system administrator.