Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

How are you keeping proofs or proofing stages private? Can you lock folders from view?

Level 1

When setting up proofs, my team wants to keep it private from other coworkers until it has been through an internal approvals process. Setting up a proof as a private stage only keeps others from seeing the comments, not the proof itself. Any tips or tricks? How do you keep them separate from internal teams?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Hi Caitlin,

I'm not sure if you are using the standalone version of WF Proof or the integrated version . . . .

If you are using the standalone version, you are able to configure the visibility of proofing versions within an automated workflow. This article on Workfront One describes how.

If you are using the integrated version, i'm not aware of a way that you can restrict visibility of versions within the proofing workflow itself. As you rightly pointed out, making a stage private only prevents users from seeing comments. However, one option you have is to remove sharing access to the document itself within Workfront. This will prevent anyone from being able to view the proof until their stage is ready. Once their proof approval stage has been reached, the reviewer / approvers in that stage will automatically inherit document access. So the steps would look something like this:

1. Proof uploaded to workfront and an automated approval process is set up. Stage 1 is for internal review, Stage 2 is for external review.
  2. Sharing permissions on the document are removed for the people involved in the external review preventing them from seeing the document / proof within Workfront
  3. Internal review happens and the stage is completed
  4. Stage 2 commences, the people involved in external review will automatically inherit document access and receive notifications that their review is required (dependant on how you have configured the notification settings)

Best Regards,

Rich