Expand my Community achievements bar.

Hours Logged Within the Last Week

Community Advisor

Is it possible to add a column to a Project Report that calculates how many hours were added to the project within the last week? I feel like the text mode is probably something really simple that I've overlooked.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 10

Huh: seems today is "stop banging your head" day for me, Monique,

On a Project report, you'd need to use an Iterate in textmode to pull back hours, so although you could hid all but the individual hours entered last week, they would be listed individually, since aggregates (e.g. SUM) are not supported on Iterates.

You could of course use an Hours report and SUM the Hours by Project filtering for the Hours entered within the last week...but that wouldn't match your "Project Report" requirement.

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

Doug you've at least confirmed that this isn't something easy that I was overlooking. Thank you for that!!

My overall goal is to be able to provide Project Managers two columns on their weekly status check reports. The purpose of these columns are to see if hours had been logged to the project and also a way to quickly compare if that number had gone up since their last check-in. So if someone says they've been working on a project all week and that number hasn't changed in a month, they know something is up! Since the PMs are dealing with a hundred+ projects, the less they have to remember the better.

Maybe I can attack this column differently and pull the date of when the last hour was logged? Hmmm... 🔎

My pleasure Monique, Within Workfront, I think I would go with an Hour Matrix report, grouped by Project Name (horizontally) and by Hour Entry Date to the week (vertically), summing the hours, filtering for hours entered within the last 8 weeks; then add it to a dashboard, the put the dashboard on a custom tab (custom section for NWE) under Project. Although not graphable or colorable, it would at least quickly allow the PM to see the trend of the hours over the last 8 weeks, by week. Longer term, I invite you to consider using our Magic Reports solutions to chart it and add some bells and whistles, and/or our Executive Status Report, which does handle such trending in its Guitar Hero section… https://store.atappstore.com/product/magic-reports/ https://store.atappstore.com/product/executive-status-report/ Regards, Doug

Level 6

Hi Monique, Did you ever figure out a solution for this? I'm looking for something similar but hours filtered by job role or team or group. Thanks! Mollie

Community Advisor

Hi Mollie. Not exactly, instead, we have the actual hours column, and the project coordinators can easily compare the xlsx that's emailed weekly if they need to dive into the change in hours. For us it's more about flagging those with 0 or if they seem low, than monitoring how many hours were logged in a week.

Level 6

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like I will have to go with the matrix hours report plus a project report. Mollie

Community Advisor

Yeah or wait until the new reporting 2.0 rolls out now sure on timeframe but also an option.