Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Report that calculates Average Hours per project per job role

Level 6

Does anyone have any magic to create a bar graph that would show average hours per project by job role?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 7

Hi Mollie, try the following and see if this is what you were looking for…

In an Hour Report, click on the Hours column (am assuming you are looking for actual hours -- this column is automatically added to an Hour Report when you start one), and choose “Summarize this column by:” --> Average.

For Groupings, select Project --> Name and then Job Role --> Name. Also be sure to add any Filters needed, so as to reduce the amount of data returned – e.g., Project Actual Completion Date.

Then, go to the Charts tab, and select either Column or Bar Chart. If selecting Column chart, the Left Y Axis would be Hours --> Hour and the Summarized by would be Average. The Bottom X Axis would be Project --> Name. Then toggle Group Columns On, and Group Data by Job Role --> Name. I would suggest choosing the Stacked Column option. Hopefully, the resulting chart is what you were looking for.

Level 6

Hi, thanks for the tip, I'm looking for the average over ALL of the projects though and not per project. I need to sum the hours by role for each project and then divide by the total count of projects. Not any easy thing to do in WF. :-(