Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Help with Exists Filter - Program Report

Level 4

I'm admittedly pretty terrible with the EXISTS filter. Trying to get better of course.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I'm running a PROGRAM report, and I'm trying to pull in PROGRAMs that have PROJECTs where a PROJECT level custom date field is within a range.

Here's what I'm trying to use:

EXISTS:A:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS
EXISTS:A:$$OBJCODE=PROJ
EXISTS:A:DE:project:<custom date field>=2024-01-01T00:00:00:000
EXISTS:A:DE:project:<custom date field>_Mod=between
EXISTS:A:DE:project:<custom date field>_Range=2024-12-31T00:00:00:000
EXISTS:A:project:program:ID=FIELD:ID

Just returns an error.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

your understanding needs to be that you are creating a connection TO the project object in order to run searches on it. As such, a lot of your "project" mentions are not applicable. You also have a bit of the wrong syntax (again, look to what would normally show up in a project report if you have ANY questions at all).

Here's an example or two:

if on your project report, youfilter on the program ID field, and switch to text mode, you'll see the filter is referencing a field called programID. You have this in your exists filter as "project:program:ID" -- please use programID instead.

if on your project report you filter on a particular custom field, and switch to text mode, you might see the filter is referencing a "DE:customfield". So, no need to put the "project" part in, if that's the case.

TLDR: build the filter as you normally would in a project report, then switch to text mode and add exists:a: in front of your filtering lines. Also use the project report to discover what syntax you should be using.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

your understanding needs to be that you are creating a connection TO the project object in order to run searches on it. As such, a lot of your "project" mentions are not applicable. You also have a bit of the wrong syntax (again, look to what would normally show up in a project report if you have ANY questions at all).

Here's an example or two:

if on your project report, youfilter on the program ID field, and switch to text mode, you'll see the filter is referencing a field called programID. You have this in your exists filter as "project:program:ID" -- please use programID instead.

if on your project report you filter on a particular custom field, and switch to text mode, you might see the filter is referencing a "DE:customfield". So, no need to put the "project" part in, if that's the case.

TLDR: build the filter as you normally would in a project report, then switch to text mode and add exists:a: in front of your filtering lines. Also use the project report to discover what syntax you should be using.

Level 4

Thank you Skye!

Here's what I ended up with that worked! This pulls in PROGRAMs to the report where any project within the PROGRAM has the custom date set between 1/1/24 and 12/31/24. (you do not need the carrots (<>), they are just there for emphasis in the forum post. )

EXISTS:A:$$EXISTSMOD=EXISTS
EXISTS:A:$$OBJCODE=PROJ
EXISTS:A:DE:<custom date field>=2024-01-01T00:00:00:000
EXISTS:A:DE:<custom date field>_Mod=between
EXISTS:A:DE:<custom date field>_Range=2024-12-31T00:00:00:000
EXISTS:A:programID=FIELD:ID