Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Planned Hours on Project Templates Assessment Report

Level 3

In order to help improve the accuracy of my planned hours on all my tasks used in the project templates I'm looking to create a report that:

1. Looks at all projects created using a single template
  2. Shows the average ACTUAL HOURS for each task within that template across the projects

Does anyone know how to do this using a report? Refining planned hours based on actuals is a step that's often been recommended by Workfront resources and trainings that I've joined in on but I can't find any specific resources outlining how to go about reviewing these actual hours against the planned hours on a template-by-template basis.

Does anyone have any experience completing this refinement exercise that they could share? Any insight into how ya'll are approaching this would be extremely beneficial!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I've done similar refinement exercises in the past but honestly everyone is different. With what you have mentioned above, there's no reason you can't just go with a simple task report showing planned hours, template task planned hours, and actual hours. You can summarize each column to show averages. You can group by the template task name.

None of this takes any text mode at all and should give you a nice summary report to look at. I'm wondering if I've missed anything in your question.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I've done similar refinement exercises in the past but honestly everyone is different. With what you have mentioned above, there's no reason you can't just go with a simple task report showing planned hours, template task planned hours, and actual hours. You can summarize each column to show averages. You can group by the template task name.

None of this takes any text mode at all and should give you a nice summary report to look at. I'm wondering if I've missed anything in your question.

Level 3

Thanks! I was just using a template report instead of a task report which is what was making this more difficult than it needed to be I think.

Appreciate your response, I used this approach instead and believe that I have what I needed now!!!