Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Help with calculated field and drop down in a custom form

Level 7
Is this possible? And if so, what formula do I employ? I tried some and couldn't get it to work. I have a drop down menu that lists several project types that have pre-defined sizes. Based on their selection, I want another field to be autopopulated with the size. Some of the project types do not have pre-defined sizes, so I want them to be able to input the size they need in the same field. Example: Dropdown Field: Printed Piece Project Type Choices: Brochure, Kiosk poster, postcard Calculated text field: Printed size IF they choose kiosk poster, it should autopopulate to be 47.5" x 68". If they choose something else like a postcard, they can enter their own dimensions. Leah Janz Metro Transit
1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Leah, Tricky but possible, I believe; here's one approach for your consideration: create Poster Size dropdown include an option for Custom add a textbox called Custom Size add Display Logic to show the Custom Size (only) if the Poster Size equals Custom add a calculated parameter called Order Size set its formula depending on the Poster Size (PS) chosen: eg IF(PS="Custom",{DE:Custom Size},IF(PS="Huge","8x4 foot",IF(PS=...))) In this fashion, the Right Answer is always stored in Ordrr Size, even if Custom was selected. Regards, Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore Got Skills? Lend a hand! https://community.workfront.com/participate/unanswered-threads