Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Help with Calc Field for Project Report

Level 7

Just checking out discussions for couple reports I am struggling with and see another post by @Randy Roberts‚ using same calc I use from @Doug Den Hoed‚

I'll just copy/paste first line- TY =)

I have a column (in a project report) that lists the current task(s). Thanks to @Doug Den Hoed (AtAppStore Inc.)‚, via WF-Pro for providing this in another thread. (Super helpful)!!!

***Can there be another column that will display who the current task is assigned to??

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 10

I think it's something like this:

IF({numberOfChildren}=0,IF({canStart},IFIN({status},"CPL","FLG","",CONCAT("• ",{name},{assignedTo}.{name}," "))))

I just added {assignedTo}.{name} to the concatenation. Same column.

Because a collection can't be sorted, it has to be in the same column so the task and assignee line up.

Level 7

Thank you for quick reply @Randy Roberts‚ !

I couldn't get it to work...column appears blank. Sometimes there is more than one task ready to start and assignments would be different...idk if that's the problem?

Level 10

I'm sure it's just a syntax thing, we should be able to concatenate the task and assignedTo name.

Level 10

Here's the solution:

displayname=Current Task w Assignee

listdelimiter=<p>

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({numberOfChildren}=0,IF({canStart},IF(CONTAINS("CPL",{status}),"",CONCAT("• ",{name},"-",{assignedTo}.{name}))))

valueformat=HTML

Level 10

Hmm. I'd expect likewise Randy.

Tegwyn, starting closer to home, I suggest you try this first, which I'd expect (messily) to bring back the ID of the primary assignee (from the Task, mind you) as a suffix behind each of the Task names:

IF({numberOfChildren}=0,IF({canStart},IFIN({status},"CPL","FLG","",CONCAT("• ",{name}," ",{assignedToID}," "))))

If that then works, one more baby step would be to try to hit the assignedTo object itself and return the (very same) ID:

IF({numberOfChildren}=0,IF({canStart},IFIN({status},"CPL","FLG","",CONCAT("• ",{name}," ",{assignedTo}.{ID}," "))))

If that (syntax) then works, like Randy, I'd expect his previous suggestion to work (but we know it already fails), so perhaps it is not "reachable", being in a collection (e.g. too many hops). If so (even if there is some elusive syntax that would do the trick), as a workaround, if you happen to already have a custom form on every Task of interest, you could add a calculated parameter (e.g. "Current Primary Assignee") with a formula of "Assigned To:Name" on each task, and then, having brought what you need "closer" (kinda) on the Task, try this:

IF({numberOfChildren}=0,IF({canStart},IFIN({status},"CPL","FLG","",CONCAT("• ",{name}," ",{DE:Current Primary Assignee}," "))))

Good luck: I'm interested to hear how you make out.

Regards,

Doug

yikers - but I understand (mostly...lol)....and see reply from Randy also....let you know how it goes

Level 7

Check it out! that worked....thank you both very much!