Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Have you transitioned to a full-time administrator?

Level 4
Did you transition to a full-time Workfront admin after your normal "day job" plus being the WF admin just grew to be too much to handle? I have a customer who is growing and has concerns about establishing some sort of governance structure or committee as they grow across the enterprise. I'd love to have you share your advice here. I'm sure there are other customers who would like to learn as well. Thanks in advance!! Sherry Arnold Workfront
1 Reply

Level 10
hi Sherry, I am not clear on what the question is here. Is the customer trying to avoid transitioning someone to a full time admin, by setting up a committee instead? (I have no comment on either option, by the way) For what it's worth, my role is as a system admin first and "other job" second. My instance of Workfront also has a "core team" made of representatives from every group within our Workfront instance. We meet regularly and have recurring items on the agenda such as discussing the new features in the next release or exposing issues in our workflows. Some core team members are passive (just show up to get information), others are active (participate in the growth). As the lead, it has fallen on me to direct the agenda so for example I will announce changes that I see would impact us, and ask for volunteers to help me test. My 2018 goal is to start to delegate some of the simpler Admin tasks by setting up admins in the larger groups within our instance. One division is responsible for about 70% of our workload and are in a state of constant growth--which is great, by the way. In order to be able to focus my energy appropriately, I'm asking them to take on user maintenance and simpler troubleshooting. I've also expanded our Authorized Contact list at the helpdesk and delegated specific people to work with the helpdesk on recurring issues. In our company, the value in being a full time system admin vs an admin with a full time other job, is realized in three areas: 1) No matter how well I document all processes, I'm probably the only person on our instance with familiarity with our layout templates, project templates, queues, and approval processes. Some of our processes affect all groups, so there's rarely a danger that I will change a process to positively affect one team and as a side effect, negatively affect others. Having said that though, I'm sure that talking everything out at a regular meeting would also help mitigate for that. 2) The full time system admin is also the one who vets new feature releases and goes to bat for your company with Workfront's support and product teams. 3) Since my focus is all facets of Workfront (as opposed to focused on my "other job") it frees me to prioritize demoing and helping more groups launch processes within our Workfront. It usually happens that only part of our whole process is implemented, and the upstream or downstream workers ask to be added on once they see how well it's working. -skye