Expand my Community achievements bar.

Has GMAIL Integrations gone LIVE yet?

Level 10
I've been out of the loop lately, and may have missed this announcement. Have GMAIL integration gone live? Thanks, Benetta Perry APS
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

13 Replies

Level 4
Hi Benetta, I believe the Google Integration is still in the Beta stage. I have set it up in Gmail to make requests/tasks/updates etc to test it out but was hoping to see the calendar integration too but unless I am missing something that option isn't there yet in the Home area. Vikki Gibbs WF System Admin Paragon Customer Communications

Level 5
Hi Benetta, In fact, it's already out of Beta and available in G Suite marketplace for free. You can install it from here: "https://gsuite.google.com/marketplace/app/workfront_for_g_suite/1076371296461" https://gsuite.google.com/marketplace/app/workfront_for_g_suite/1076371296461 Vikki, thanks for giving it a try! I'd love to learn more about calendar integration, though (I'm the product manager over Workfront integrations). Would you like to connect and have a quick call/chat about it? Or we can continue the discussion here. Hayk Falakyan

Level 4
Hi Hayk, Apologies for giving out the wrong information about the Google integration still being in Beta - I should have realised it wasn't as I was able to add it onto my Gmail. Yes I would be more than happy to talk about the calendar integration - I thought it would be available like the Outlook integration is but perhaps I just assumed that would be the case! Let me know what is most convenient to carry on the conversation. Vikki Gibbs WF System Admin Paragon Customer Communications

Level 5
No worries :) This was not the smoothest launch we had, mainly because Google was rolling out the integration to customers gradually, in the span of several weeks. So it wasn't available to everyone at once, which might have caused some confusion. The link below shows my availability and will let you schedule a 30-min call with me. Feel free to pick any time that works for you! https://calendly.com/haykfalakyan/workfront-g-suite-integration (I'm in GMT+4 timezone, hence the strange available hours :) Let me know if you don't find a good slot for meeting, I'll figure out something). Hayk Falakyan

Level 10
Hayk, As system administrator, Do I only install G Suite from the link you provided - or do I send the link out to the entire company for every user to individually install G Suite - or do I provide the link to our IT department for them to install - etc ... I need some direction as to how I get this integration to "ALL" workfront users. Thanks for your direction. Benetta Perry APS

Level 5
If you want to install it for all users at once, you need to be the admin of your G Suite instance. G Suite admin console grants a lot of control over what you can do with add-ons. For instance, you can: Install the add-on for the whole domain, a specific team or a department. Allow users to individually install any app available in the Marketplace, or block access and whitelist just some add-ons. Turn a Marketplace app on or off for users "https://support.google.com/a/topic/1056395?hl=en&ref_topic=27380" This article fully covers that functionality. I would say the best way for you would be to add all Workfront users to a separate organizational unit in G Suite, and then (from the admin console) install and enable the add-on for only that group. Hayk Falakyan

Level 10
Hayk, thanks - I've made a request to our IT department to get this rolled out in our G-Suite. Benetta Perry APS

Level 5
Happy to help. Feel free to reach out to me with any questions, feedback or criticism: I'd love to hear about your experience with our add-on. Hayk Falakyan

Level 10
Hayk, I submitted all information to our IT department. Question - is this integration with GMAIL only or GMAIL and GOOGLE Calendar? Thanks, Benetta Perry APS

Level 5
It's a G Suite integration, which means that the same panel is available in Gmail, Calendar and Drive (and eventually in Docs, Sheets etc.). But the functionality is not the same everywhere and depends on the context. Right now, in Gmail , you can: Access your Workfront Home, see your assignments See the details and custom forms of your work items Update status and percent complete of your work items See the updates stream, post updates and reply to comments See the attached documents Convert your emails to tasks or issues in Workfront (contextual) Post your emails as new updates to Workfront (contextual) Reply to WF comment notification emails right form your inbox (contextual) Make approval decisions when you receive a new WF approval request email (contextual) See additional details in Workfront whenever you open a WF notification email (contextual). As you see, 1-5 are context agnostic - they just give you access to your tasks in Workfront and let you work with them - mark done, post comments, check the info in custom forms etc. This functionality is shared across all apps in G Suite, so you'll see the same in Calendar, Drive etc. Now, 6-10 are contextual actions and need an email to be opened. Naturally, these will work only in Gmail. Our integration does not support any contextual actions for Calendar and the rest of G Suite apps, at least for now. But we're on it: for example, one of the future updates will enable you to convert your Calendar events to tasks in Workfront, or (in Docs) immediately attach the open doc to a Workfront item and ask someone to approve it. I hope this makes sense :) Let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions in mind. Hayk Falakyan

Level 4
Hi Hayk, Thanks for posting this list, I know we have spoken about the Calendar integration but I also wondered if being able to make a request from an email/inbox would be coming? I believe Outlook operates in this way so I was hoping Gmail would be the same. Many thanks Vikki Gibbs WF System Admin Paragon Customer Communications

Level 5
Absolutely: submitting requests from your inbox is one of the most important features that we have on our roadmap for G Suite add-on. The timing is not clear yet, though: as for now, it's impossible to implement the full Requests functionality in Gmail because of technical limitations on Google's side. As soon as Google's integration framework is mature enough to support our Requests queues, we'll make sure it's being actively worked on. Hopefully, we'll get there soon... Hayk Falakyan

Level 10
Hayk, Thank you for this very detailed, crisp and clear response. I have no additional questions at this time. Passing this information onto management. Benetta Perry APS