Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Has anyone had tasks that do not show up on a timesheet unless you open it and save?

Level 3

I have some tasks set monthly for projects. I could have a task for September for Mary Doe and a task for October for Mary Doe. For some reason, the task doesn't always show on the timesheet for a month. If I go in and change it from "New" to "In Process", it will normally then appear on the timesheet. If it is already set to "In process", I change the individuals role and then it will appear on the timesheet. Any insight on what I might be missing so I don't need to do manual intervention?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

can you give a little more information? For instance, what your setup area looks like under Timesheets and Hours | Preferences? I find sometimes the "pre-populate" section helps restrict my view in a way I don't actually want. Other times though it's just a matter of having too many tasks listed.

Level 3

Under Pre-populated, the following items are selected:

Work that is within 1 week of the timesheet's work range.

Tasks & Issues that have Planned Dates in the timesheet's date range.

Tasks that have Projected Dates in timesheet's date range.

Unselected:

Tasks & Issues that have been completed.

Community Advisor

not to state the obvious but is it likely that your september task was not showing on the october timesheet, and the october task was not showing on the september timesheet?

My feeling is that a "1 week" restriction is fine for weekly timesheets but if you're running monthly timesheets, do you need to increase that dropdown? (or do something similar to decrease your limitations?)